Everybody wants to go to Heaven; nobody wants to die. The Bible uses the word Heaven about 532 times. I am going to share 5 main truths, wonders and things that might shock you about Heaven.Everybody wants to go to Heaven; nobody wants to die. Click To Tweet
FIVE MAIN TRUTHS
1. There is more than one Heaven – Genesis 1:1 – We believe there are three Heavens. The first is the sky, (referred to as the windows of Heaven). The second is the invisible realms occupied by demons. Apostle Paul was taken up to the third Heaven, where he saw and heard things too wonderful to be described. This is the place where God currently lives, where His throne is and where believers go when they die.Heaven is our future home, but our present hope (Titus 2:13). Click To Tweet
2. Heaven while being our future home is our present hope – Titus 2:13 – C.S. Lewis wrote that if you look at history, you will see that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next. Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world and thus have become so ineffective in this. If you lost your hope, perhaps you forgot where your home is. The reason why many of us don’t think about Heaven is a lot of us don’t have much there.The reason why many of us don’t think about Heaven is because a lot of us don’t have much there. Click To Tweet
3. Where Christians go when they die is not where they will spend eternity – Revelation 21:1 – When Christians die, they go to Heaven to be with God. Why do the Scriptures repeat that the righteous will inherit the earth forever? (Psalms 104:5, Ecclesiastes 1:4, Proverbs 10:30). The meek will inherit the earth.
4. Heaven is an unknown region with a well-known Inhabitant – Revelation 21:3 – Heaven is all about God. Yes, your family members and heroes of faith who inspired you to follow Christ are all there but the most important thing about Heaven is the Lord Jesus Christ.The most important thing about Heaven is the Lord Jesus Christ. Click To Tweet
5. This world is not your home, it’s your hotel. On earth, you are a pilgrim just passing through, (Job 7:7, James 4:14). You are not home yet. There will be a time God will settle every score, wipe every tear from our eyes and all our suffering will make sense but that time is not yet.
If you don’t know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, I would like to invite you to make a decision to give Jesus your life or to rededicate it. If you don’t, when you die you will leave home; If you do, when you die, you will go home. Where is your home? Who is Jesus to you? Heaven is prepared for those who are prepared for Heaven.Heaven is prepared for those who are prepared for Heaven. Click To Tweet
There is a God and this God is holy. He doesn’t change. He could not overlook your sin and stop being God so that He could let you into Heaven. What He did was let His Son take your place and pay for your sin so that today you can take His Son’s place and be in eternity with Him.[The blog is written by Edward Gardiner; Sermon by Vladimir Savchuk.]
Share this Post